OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS
When: April 1, 2021 through April 26, 2021
Where: Online at Paycom.com
How: Computer, Tablet, or Cell Phone
Open Enrollment will begin on April 1, 2021 and all enrollment elections MUST be completed and/or made by April 26, 2021. Open Enrollment will be conducted online only, using Paycom.com. Don’t have a computer or tablet – no problem! Enrollment may be conducted on a variety of electronic devices including your cell phone or you may stop by the office to use a company computer.
1.How will I know when and/or where to go for Open Enrollment? All eligible employees will receive an email requesting that a task on Paycom.com be completed. Please complete your enrollment elections by the deadline of April 26, 2021.
2. I’m making NO changes. Do I still have to complete the online election process? Yes! Employees, eligible for coverage, will be required to go onto Paycom.com and make coverage elections, by the April 26, 2021 deadline, even if you are not making any changes.
3. I want to Decline healthcare coverage. Do I still need to complete the election process? Yes, please! All eligible employees will receive an email noting there is a task to be completed online. This process, especially if declining coverage, will only take a few moments of your time; and informs Human Resources of your intentions concerning healthcare coverage.
4. What if I do not complete my elections by the deadline, April 26, 2021? If you do not complete the election process by the deadline of April 26, 2021, it will be assumed that you have DECLINED coverage for the 2021 plan year. Please Note: you will NOT be eligible to enroll in the company medical plan until July 2022, with an effective date of August 1, 2022, instead of April. NOTE: Next year only, we will have two open enrollment periods. Medical will be in July 2022 and all the other ancillary products, such as dental and vision, will still be conducted in April 2022.
5. What has Changed? Medical coverage is now with Medical Mutual of Ohio instead of Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. Medical has a 15-month renewal date so next year’s medical open enrollment will be July 2022 with an effective date of August 1, 2022. All who enroll in the medical plan this year will receive a NEW medical card which will be good through July 31, 2022.
6. I live out of the State of Ohio. Will I be able to get care in the MMO Network? Yes! Outside the State of Ohio, MMO has expanded their network coverage by partnering with Aetna.
7. What has NOT Changed?
- Ancillary products, such as dental and vision, are still through Nippon Life Benefits
- Non-Tobacco medical cost shares remain the same – NO CHANGE!
- Company H.S.A. contributions will continue and will remain the same.
8. What is New? Bio Screening and Nicotine Testing. This year Garner is offering employees, and spouses on the company medical plan, the opportunity to participate in a Bio Screening which will include Nicotine Testing, as part of our wellness program.
9. Do I have to do the Bio Screening and/or Nicotine Testing? No! Bio Screening and Nicotine Testing participation is completely voluntary; however, beginning June 1, 2021, lack of participation will affect your weekly cost share rates for medical coverage. Those who choose not to participate in the bio screening process will see a significant increase to their weekly cost share.
10. When and Where do I do the Bio Screening/Nicotine Test and what does it cost me?
- When: April 1, 2021 through May 31, 2021
- Where: Northwest Ohio Orthopedics (NWO), 15054 U.S. Route 224, Findlay, OH 45840
- Walk-ins are welcome or call 419-427-3030 to make an appointment
- Cost: Zero cost to the employee.
11. Why should I do the Bio Screening and Nicotine Testing?
- Identify potential health risks
- Provide guidance to rectify potential health risks
- Weekly Cost Share will be discounted. Non-Tobacco Participants will see NO Change to their cost share.
12. I’m a tobacco user so why should I participate in the Bio Screening & Nicotine Testing? For the same reasons mentioned in #11. Tobacco users will also receive a discounted cost share rate for participation. The company health care plan supports free smoking cessation options to include counseling. Completion of smoking cessation program would be eligible for non-tobacco discounted rate.
COMPLETE Elections by April 26, 2021 on Paycom.com
COMPLETE Bio Screening and Nicotine Testing by May 31, 2021
Questions and/or concerns, please contact HR at 419-422-5742. Thank you for your cooperation!
Recruiting & Retention
Did you know that Garner has a peer led Driver Advisory Board (DAB)? This board is made up of a diverse group of drivers. These include a mix of experienced drivers, newer drivers, men, women, over the road and 4 on 4 off drivers.
Over the last several years the Driver’s Advisory Board has requested many changes that have truly provided a benefit to the entire fleet. These include:
Do you have ideas that you think would benefit your peers? We are searching for an additional DAB Member. DAB members meet once per quarter, typically on a Saturday morning, to share ideas, suggestions and things that you are hearing from other members of the fleet. In most cases, these meetings will take place virtually, either by phone or web based meeting.
Not interested in serving on the board but still have ideas to share? Submit your ideas directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you remember what it was like to be a new driver?
Unlike many companies, Garner hires students right out of CDL school. For most of these students, it is the first time they have been on the road driving a big rig and are learning EVERYTHING from scratch. Garner has a program called Garner Guides. A Garner Guide is an experienced driver that is willing to give their phone number out to new drivers. They are a friend and mentor in the fleet.
If you are interested in helping new hires learn the ropes, we are also seeking Garner Guides. Being a Garner Guide does not require any specific time commitments; it’s more of a mentor relationship offering help to those new Garner drivers as they need it.
It is important to me, as the recruiting & retention specialist, to make sure that Garner’s drivers concerns, worries, and positive experiences are heard and seen. Our drivers are some of the best of the best. If you are interested in joining the DAB or becoming a Garner Guide, please contact me at (419) 889-0504.
Recruiting & Retention Specialist